Foxlake Session
I led a group of kids from Innerwick Primary School and learned them the basics of survival and living in the outdoors. We did three activities which we're Shelter Building, Creating a fire and Water Filters. I really enjoyed leading the group however I could have improved on more interaction with the kids and my communication skills with them. Overall I enjoyed trying to lead a group. To create our shelter we used sticks and leafs for the main side of the shelter we sent the kids off to collect large and long sticks with the fire myself and my other colleague went with the kids to collect fire wood for the fire but we made it clear that we didn't use green wood or anything that was wet or damp. For the Water Filters we used a milk bottle and a sock for the filter with some sticks and grass.
Graeme Minski
No comments:
Post a Comment