Surfing by Nick Galloway
As part of the coastal communities group we have to practice a lot of different sports. Having never been surfing before this was a massive new challenge for me. The equipment we use are surfboards and wet-suits. You need to be confident and have good balance.
Never surfing before I had to learn the techniques for lying on the board, standing up and falling off. For standing up on the board you have to get the balance point right. for falling off the board you have to cover your head and your stomach to protect all your vital parts.
When I first tried to stand up on the board I kept falling off and face planting the water but I have a lot of determination to keep getting back up and keep trying. When I eventually managed to keep my balance and stay up on the board I felt a massive sense of accomplishment. Learning to surf has given me a new set of skills and it was a great experience that I plan on getting much better at!
No comments:
Post a Comment